Friday, August 5, 2011

Heston's Feasts - Better The Breville You Know

Egg toastie with tomato sauce
*drools*
There I was, innocently making my favourite childhood toastie, when a head pops over my shoulder and says “ooooh toasties!” You could have scraped me off the ceiling. This is the beauty of toasties, young or old, how can you not be excited by the sounds and smells of a fresh toastie?

We started talking toasties. I work with a big bunch of nerds, so the conversation quickly swings towards Heston’s Feast’s and his giant Breville sandwich toaster. I was asked whether I had made the curried banana toastie from the show. Truth be told, I have not. I had not tried any of the three toasties from the show.

When I got back to my desk, toasted sandwich in hand, I started searching for the recipes. I found them on the Channel 4 website. I am not 100% sure that I am going to attempt the curried banana toastie, but here are the links in case you are more game than I am:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...