Today we reveal my toastie monsters dirty little secret. Even though he vehemently denies it, baked bean and cheese is not the only toastie recipe in existence. On rare occasions, he will eat avocado, ham and cheese toasties.
I think this toastie ticks all of the boxes. No pre-cooking of ingredients, only three ingredients used and it looks like a typical toasted sandwich. I hope that the resident bachelor approves of this toasted sandwich recipe and makes one for himself!
Avocado, Ham & Cheese
Makes: 2 toasties
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 40g sliced ham
- 4 tbsp. of cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices of bread
- butter (optional)
- Preheat the toastie maker and butter each of the four slices of bread (optional).
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down, onto the bottom grill plate.
- Spoon half of the mashed avocado onto the centre of the bread, top with half of the ham and half of the grated cheese
- Place the top piece of bread on top of the mixture, butter side up.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the other grill plate.
- Gently close the lid and allow to toast for approximately 3 minutes, or until the bread has browned sufficiently.