Sunday, October 16, 2011

No Cooking Required - Ham, Tomato & Mustard


I must admit I am struggling to fine toasted sandwich recipes for this month's challenge. Who would have though that it would be so hard to think of simple flavour combinations? Finally, inspiration came from a tasty looking blog post by TFP.

I must admit that I was a bit hesitant about not adding cheese to this recipe. I am really glad that I stuck with TFP's recipe. This combination is fantastic. To be honest, I am not sure how well cheese would go with the strong taste of mustard.

If you are not a fan of mustard, I would leave out the mustard and add some cheese.

Enjoy!

P.S. Love your work TFP.



Ham, Tomato & Mustard

Makes: 2 toasties

Ingredients:
  • 100g sliced ham
  • 4 tbsp. tomato, diced
  • 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 4 slices of bread
  • butter (optional)

Method:
  1. Preheat the toastie maker and butter each of the four slices of bread (optional).
  2. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, onto the bottom grill plate.
  3. Spread half of the mustard onto this slice of bread and top with half of the diced tomato and ham.
  4. Place the top piece of bread on top of the mixture, butter side up.
  5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the other grill plate.
  6. Gently close the lid and allow to toast for approximately 3 minutes, or until the bread has browned sufficiently.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...