Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Impromptu Toastie - Mjskit’s Thanksgiving Leftover Toastie


I would like to take the time to thank MJ for her lovely comments and suggestions. I really do appreciate them. When she suggested a toastie for me to try, I could not resist trying it. Her suggestion was to make a “Thanksgiving leftover toastie of dijon, turkey, cheese and cranberry sauce.”

I must admit, I was hesitant about mixing Dijon mustard and cranberry sauce. Turkey and cranberry goes together like two peas in a pod as does Dijon mustard and cheddar cheese. To my surprise, putting these two sets of peas in the same pod was magic.

For those who have spent time on MJ’s blog, my hesitations were completely unfounded and a little bit silly. She is a domestic goddess. Who am I to question a goddess? If you have not been to MJ’s blog, do stop past and take a look. It is well worth it. She provides a scrummy array of recipes for every meal, each of which are accompanied by a wealth of additional and background information.

MJ’s photography puts mine to shame. It is beautiful, cookbook quality. One of my favourites is the photograph for her Triple Cranberry Sauce recipe; I could almost pick the berries from the screen!

Food photography is the bane of my existence. How do you make a toastie look appetising when it is sitting in front of one of my coloured chopping boards (used to screen the view of the living area) The joys of apartment living, not enough room to swing a tripod.



Mjskit’s Thanksgiving Leftover Toastie

Makes: 2 toasties

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce
  • 2 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 60g turkey, thinly sliced
  • 40g cheddar cheese, grated
  • 4 slices of bread
  • butter (optional)

Method:
  1. Preheat the toastie maker and butter each of the four slices of bread (optional).
  2. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, onto the bottom grill plate.
  3. Place half of the ingredients onto the centre of the bread.
  4. Place the top piece of bread on top of the mixture, butter side up.
  5. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for the other grill plate.
  6. Gently close the lid and allow to toast for approximately 3 minutes, or until the bread has browned sufficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...