Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bacon - Bacon, Avocado & Lime


I had such high hopes for this toastie, but alas it let me down. I do not remember where the inspiration came from, perhaps I dreamed it up whilst browsing through guacamole recipes. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a bad toastie by any means, it is just missing something. On reflection, I feel I should have added some tomato or spring onions to give it a bit more texture and add to the flavour.

I am very pleased with the combination of avocado and lime. It is definitely refreshing and would be tasty as a base for a mousse served with prawns. If you decide to make this toastie please let me know what you added to make it taste more complete.



Bacon, Avocado & Lime

Makes: 2 toasties

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1-2 tsp. lime juice
  • 50g cooked bacon, diced
  • 4 slices of bread
  • butter (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Preheat the toastie maker and butter each of the four slices of bread (optional).
  2. Mash the avocado with the lime juice and season with salt and pepper
  3. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, onto the bottom grill plate.
  4. Spoon half of the avocado mixture onto the centre of the bread and top with half of the bacon.
  5. Place the top piece of bread on top of the mixture, butter side up.
  6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for the other grill plate.
  7. Gently close the lid and allow to toast for approximately 3 minutes, or until the bread has browned sufficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...