Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Theme: Bacon

Since making the Elvis sandwich, I have come to realise that cooking bacon in the microwave is a great way to tease your colleague’s noses. I received more than a few comments regarding the kitchen smelling like bacon and the effect that it had on their appetites!

What is it about bacon that makes it so special? Is it the taste, the texture, or its versatility? While I was growing up, I do not ever remember ever meeting someone who was obsessed with bacon. These days, bacon is an internet phenomenon. You can buy bacon t-shirts, bacon flavoured candy, bacon novelties, bacon soap. The list goes on and on, whatever you can think of, I am sure someone has ‘baconized’ it.

To honour bacon, and tease my colleagues further, every recipe posted this month contain bacon and preferably lots of it!

As a friend of mine once said, ‘hail bacon, the definitive meat condiment, the candy of meat, the ultimate in sensory stimulation!’

Tell me, what do you love about bacon?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to get this easy made recipe of Elvis sandwich. I'm going to try this. . .:) Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...