Monday, September 12, 2011

Pizza - BBQ Meat Lover


Today is my colleague's birthday. To celebrate, we will make meat lover toasties. Meat, meat and more meat. Happy Birthday!

Whilst I adore Hot & Spicy, I do appreciate a good BBQ Meat Lover. The smell and taste of this toastie takes me back to a trip to Sydney I made with my sister. We arrived tired and hungry in the early hours of the morning. My first meal in Sydney was a slice of BBQ Meat Lover pizza that I purchased from a dodgy corner shop.

My second meal, was also BBQ Meat Lover pizza. I thought ahead to breakfast and brought two slices :)



BBQ Meat Lover

Makes: 2 toasties

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. ground beef
  • 2 tsp. pepperoni, sliced
  • 2 tbsp. bacon, diced
  • 2 tsp. onion, finely diced
  • 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
  • 4 slices of bread
  • butter (optional)

Method:
Arrange each of your ingredients
on top of each slice of bread
as if you were creating a real pizza.
  1. Preheat the toastie maker and butter each of the four slices of bread (optional).
  2. Arrange your ingredients on top of two of the four slices of bread (butter side down), as if you were making a real pizza.
  3. Place one slice of bread, butter side up, on top of your completed pizza.
  4. Place the pizza into the sandwich toaster or jaffle maker.
  5. Gently close the lid and allow to toast for approximately 3 minutes, or until the bread has browned sufficiently.

2 comments:

  1. This could be my husbands favorite pizza. I will give it a try soon. I am sure he will love every single bite... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Id love to know what hubby thinks.

    BBQ chicken and bacon is pretty good too. Will post that one next :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...